200-hours Yoga Teacher Training Certificate Course (Fri Evening & Sat Afternoon) - [ 06th March 2020 ~ 12th June 2020]
- Yogic View of Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga History and Philosophy
- Types of Yoga
- Practice of Asanas, Mudras, Bandhas, Kriyas, and their Health & Spiritual Benefits
- Practice of Pranayama and its Health & Spiritual Benefits
- Introduction to Dharana and Dhyana, and their Practices
- Lesson Planning, Practice, and Teaching
How does the 200hrs calculate as per the new standards of Yoga alliance?
Anahata yoga does more than the 200hrs requirement as prescribed by Yoga alliance new standards announced in Feb 2020.
We want to make sure every student completing the course is fully equipped to teach a class and are confident with the knowledge they gained from this training. We believe learning yoga at our studio is not merely a certification process but a life changing experience.
Following are the class breakdown for this 200hrs course.
- YTT Theory and Practical – 75 hours
- Group Practice Classes – 40 hours
- Andiappan Yoga Classes – 60 hours
- Assignment, Self reading – 15 hours
- Group Discussion and Teaching practice – 6 hours
- Teaching assist and class teaching observation – 15 hours
Total Hours – 211 hrs
Group Practice classes are recommended for the YTT students to keep regular practice before and during the training period and after each class, students can interact with the teachers and ask questions about the practice. Teacher can also write a remark on the YTT attendance sheet and give you guidance on how to improve your yoga practice and teaching skills.
Andiappan Yoga Classes: Andiappan Yoga classes as part of the teacher training learning. There are also Andiappan Yoga classes conducted for ongoing YTT students where they get to interact with the teachers and ask questions from the syllabus about their practice and improve on their limitations. This class can bring breakthrough in your yoga journey and boost confidence to share the knowledge with students.
This class will equip students with the knowledge to develop a sequence for self-practice which they can do at home or while traveling. The ability to put together a sequence to meet one’s goals while taking into consideration one’s limitations will be very important when one start to teach.
Assignment, Self reading : We provide suggested reading list of yoga books, DVDs, journals that give you wider knowledge about various traditions and lineages in yoga.
Group Discussion and Teaching practice – These are preparatory classes and teaching practice classes where you can teach small groups of students and practice teaching before the actual practical assessment class. These are invaluable experience for you to interact with other fellow students and an opportunity to become a part of a yoga community.
Teaching assist and class teaching observation
– Yoga teaching is not complete if it is not shared with all those who are in real need of its benefits . Come observe, assist and teach with the volunteer teachers of Andiappan Yoga Community – AYC (www.yogacommunity.org
) one of the largest non profit yoga organisation in HK. You will be also invited to be a volunteer teaching after the graduation of the course.
** Group Practice classes, Andiappan Yoga Classes:, Teaching assist and class teaching observation can be also attended through online classes. Students can choose to come to the studio, or practice at the comfort of their home. Please check our class schedule for exclusive online group and andiappan yoga classes.